Governor Brian Kemp has issued a new executive order that goes into effect at 12 a.m. Tuesday, June 16 and lasts until 11:59 p.m. June 30, for the fight against COVID-19 within the state of GA. The executive order outlines the following:
Starting June 11, 2020:
• Gatherings of more than 50 people in a single location are allowed if six feet of space is maintained between each person. (This rule does not apply to critical infrastructure entities, incidental or transitory groupings, or cohabiting individuals.)
• In restaurants and dining rooms, there is no longer a party maximum for the number of people who can sit together. There is no longer a limit on the number of patrons allowed per square foot. Workers at restaurants, dining rooms, banquet facilities, private event facilities, and private reception venues are only required to wear face coverings when they are interacting with patrons. Additional guidelines and requirements on restaurants and private event facilities are available here.
• In a bar, 50 people are now allowed (increased from 25) or 35% of total listed fire capacity – whichever is greater. Additional guidelines and requirements are available here.
Starting June 16, 2020:
• At indoor movie theaters and cinemas, there is no longer a limit on the number of people who may sit together in a party. Additional guidelines and requirements are available here.
• Walk-ins are now allowed at body art studios, barber shops, hair salons, their respective schools, massage therapy establishments, and tanning facilities subject to specific requirements. Additional guidelines and requirements are available here.
You can access more information about the most recent executive order HERE.
Our team here at Goodman McGuffey will continue to keep everyone updated on the ongoing changes due to COVID-19. We are continuously monitoring the decisions of the courts and the CDC’s Guidelines to ensure the safety of our clients and employees. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, which can be done by filling out the contact us form located under the Contact tab on our website. If your inquiry is urgent, please contact any of our offices directly.