Goodman McGuffey LLP is looking for an experienced Paralegal for our Sarasota, FL office. Please review the job description and requirements below. If you are interested, please apply through either our LinkedIn or Indeed job postings and attach your resume.
LinkedIn Job Posting: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/2002721820/?pathWildcard=2002721820&trk=mcm
Indeed Job Posting: https://www.indeed.com/job/litigation-paralegal-e50407f370e37b3b
Established, multi-state, AV rated, insurance defense litigation firm is seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal to handle growing needs in the Sarasota, FL office. Goodman McGuffey LLP is a leading regional law firm with eight offices in FL, GA, NC & SC.
- Must be able to prepare discovery documents, legal pleadings, obtain discovery from non-parties and correspondence.
- Must be able to review and analyze medical records and other documents as required.
- Must be able to evaluate investigation materials and draft responses to written discovery.
- Must be able to review and summarize depositions.
- Must become familiar with client guidelines for billable and non-billable activities.
- Must have experience recording time entries for all daily tasks, with knowledge and appropriate use of ABA task codes.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, and be comfortable communicating with clients, courts, witnesses, parties, etc.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ litigation experience.
- College degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- Paralegal certificate (preferred)
- Must be organized and capable of handling multiple complex tasks simultaneously, and perform assignments with speed and accuracy, creating a professional work product.
- Must have advanced technology skills, including document and case management in paperless environment.
Competitive salary and benefit package offered.
Goodman McGuffey LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status of a veteran and basis of disability, or any other federal, state or other protected class.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
We have taken measures to ensure the safety of our employees by encouraging all to work remotely, providing gloves and masks to all in office, and propping open all doors to minimize touching surfaces and the spread of germs.
If you have any questions regarding this job position, please fill out our Contact Us form on our website, https://www.gm-llp.com/contact-us/